Who we are
Zarach (Charity number: 1179539) is committed to protecting your personal data and being open and transparent about how we collect and use it.
Our website address is: https://zarach.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information via our website, referral forms, home visits, donation platforms and also via email communications and telephone calls. The types of personal information we collect are:
Name, email, organisation working for. This is collected via our referral forms.
Parent and children’s name, address, telephone number, email, type of housing, language spoken, ethnicity, age of children, school attending, circumstances leading to bed poverty and other support being accessed. This is collected via our referral forms.
Name, address, email, telephone number, donation type and value. This information is collected via our website, fundraising platforms (such as JustGiving) and payment merchants (such as PayPal).
Name, address, contact number, which is collected at Food Club. Emergency food deliveries also collect details of the number of adults and children in the household and this is collected via the online referral form.
Our vehicles are fitted with dash cams for security. The memory cards are locked in the unit and only removed by a Manager in the event of an accident. Footage is overwritten once the memory card is full.
Staff and volunteers
Name, address, date of birth, photo, ID documents, bank account details, CV, relevant qualifications. This is collected via the recruitment process.
We process your data in accordance with our legitimate interest to:
- provide a high-quality service to deliver beds and family engagement services to beneficiaries
- reviewing the impact of our work and making improvements to our practices
- promoting our charitable activities and achievements
- keeping our beneficiaries, supporters, staff and volunteers safe
- financial record keeping
We process staff and volunteer personal data in accordance with our contractual obligations under the employment contract or volunteer agreement.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to collect data. We need this data to understand how you use our website so we can improve its design and functionality. We also need the data to get the most out of our campaigns.
How we store your personal information
Zarach have IT and staff training processes in place to ensure the information you provide us is secure. Our records are stored within our Google Cloud account. We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary.
Who we share your data with
Your personal information will only be shared to relevant persons within the charity to perform our service and with referring agencies, such as schools.
We will only share your personal information with other organisations with your consent, such as referring you to another agency that can support you.
We will not share your personal details with other organisations for their own marketing purposes.
What rights you have over your data
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Zarach is registered with the Charities Commission for England and Wales, registered number 1179539.
Finance & Operations Manager
|30 November 2023